Learn a cognitive behaviour approach for preventing and coping with mood swings.
MoodGym training program developed in Australia, since its launch in 2004, has received several IT and health awards, and has over 200 000 registered users worldwide. The e-hub Mental Health team are creating a new version of MoodGYM – with a fresh, new look, and improved accessibility and usability.
MoodGYM is an interactive website based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Interpersonal Therapy, which can be used for helping to develop good coping skills for the future or help you look at mood concerns.
What is CBT?
Emotions, Thoughts, Feelings & Actions
- CBT is a psychotherapeutic approach (a talking therapy)
- Helps individuals deal with emotions in a healthy way as well as address mental health concerns.
- How we think about things determines a large degree on what we experience.
- Errors happen in thinking.
- Some automatic thoughts may be true, but many are not true, or have just a grain of truth.
E.g. Anger is linked to a perception of damage & hurt and to a belief that rules and expectations
have been violated.
MoodGYM consists of interactive modules which are delivered in a specific order. The modules are: feelings, thoughts, unwarping, de-stressing, and relationships. At the end of each module you can apply the material to your own circumstances through a series of activities.
Enter a world of discovery in getting to know yourself. Watch for MoodGym updates and go here if you wish to give it a try: http://moodgym.anu.edu.au/welcome.