- Of or relating to the body as opposed to the mind. E.g. a whole range of physical and mental challenges. Synonyms: bodily, corporeal, corporal, somatic; carnal, fleshly, non-spiritual, this-worldly. E.g. physical pleasure.
- Involving bodily contact or activity. g. “verbal or physical abuse. Synonyms: manual, laboring, labor-intensive, blue-collar. E.g. hard physical work.
- Of or relating to things perceived through the senses as opposed to the mind; tangible or concrete. E.g. pleasant physical environments. Synonyms: material, concrete, tangible, palpable, solid, substantial, real, actual, visible “the physical universe”
- Of or relating to physics or the operation of natural forces generally. E.g. physical laws.
- A medical examination to determine a person’s bodily fitness.
“Scientifically and clinically, the pathway of eating disorders has been unbelievable in the past 30 years,” said Patti Perry, RN, MSN, clinical nurse and psychotherapist, also founder of Toronto’s Eating Disorders Clinic. “We’re still in the Dark Ages. But anorexia nervosa is seen now as a serious biological brain disease.” (Toronto Star)
Click below for more information on:
- Emotional Eating
- Binge Eating
- Eating Disorder Treatment and Recovery
- Helping Someone with an Eating Disorder – Advice for Parents, Family Members, and Friends
~ All rights reserved ~